Thursday, October 11, 2012

Call Me Snake.

I'm not dead yet and I know I need to continue on with my "blog" project here at Space Driftin' because I, and we, are not there yet. "There" being a relative term used to describe a place that is not "here," at least not right now. So where are we going, Keith?

I moved away from Flagstaff. Right now I am living in relative comfort in the city of Durant, in the state of Oklahoma. I say relative comfort because in the time I've been here, about two months now, I have been quietly FREAKING OUT about money and how I'm gonna get enough to keep living the way I'm living. I am not living high on the hog, there are no gold plated toilets or diamond encrusted door-knockers around here, so any subtraction from my current standard of living would be putting me back down into my former standard of living, which could have been politely described as "Squalor-Lite."

You should know, "you" being an identifier for YOU, the person reading this right now, which is interesting because as I write this I am reading this so I am referring to myself as "you," in a way; but I digress, you should know that this latest absence has been a painful absence for me. I have thought about my little Space Driftin' blog almost daily, but I have not been able to devote any sacred energies towards writing and publishing any words on her pages. It seems that I left this all hanging in the breeze back on the final day of July, and as soon as I hit the "Publish" button I probably commenced to packing all my shit in crates and stuffing it in a moving truck.

Once I arrived in Oklahoma the unpacking began and the settling into a new home in an old place began. There have been some high times, some low times, and lots of general frenzy and feelings of wonder. Wonder about the future, next week, next month, next decade. I feel like a newborn baby, somewhat premature. Will I make it? Will I thrive or will I wither here in the place where I first learned to be my own person? It's too soon to tell, but I'm back on here for your amusement, or not.

It would be nice to hear from YOU, the reader, every once in a while. I look at the "stats" on this blog, (sometimes too much I'd say), and I am amazed, "Wow, a fuckload of people read that update, or it just looks that way because these numbers are just pageloads and nobody read anything, in fact, there may not be any actual bodies involved. These could all be google-spiders."

So maybe leave a comment every now and then, if you read this stuff, which I would assume means that you care on some level or find it interesting in some way. 

From now on, my input here on Space Driftin' will be entirely different from what I've done in the past. This may not seem so to the reader but it feels so to me, the writer. There will be no trying any more. I'm too tired for trying.

Keith.

ps. I have a note I wrote myself here to "insert Sarah Silverman quote about being embarrassed by your old work" but I didn't include any links to where I would find that quote. What do I think that I am capable of? OH, I'll just remember the quote in it's entirety or I'll remember where I read it because Sarah Silverman has only given a few interviews, it should be easy to find. I'm stupid. All the quote said was that she thought it was good to be embarrassed of your old work because it probably meant  that you were getting better. I get embarrassed by some of the old Space Driftin' stuff, not that I'd ever take it down, so maybe I'm getting better. At what I don't know.

3 comments:

  1. oh HI Keith:
    just swooped in from The Dome, after a hiatus.
    Commenting to say fire this thing back up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, I'll get back at it, very close to it now.

    I fucked up and became employed again so it's put a damper on my true work.

    ReplyDelete